Sunday 10 January 2016

Game Art Week Eight

This week I continued the sentry gun project, and made a final decision of which of my silhouettes to use for the final piece, I took different elements of iterations which I liked the most and added them together. I will continue to develop this with colour and value iterations.

We were asked to have a basic model of our sentry gun already finalised at this point, however as I had not previously developed my design enough to begin the modelling process. Therefore I started the 3D work after I had finished my designs, as I feel comfortable to work in this order of idea development.

This week I also finished my colour iterations of my final design. I decided to chose a design which was vibrant and colourful as fish generally are. Which I developed further with a paint over, This demonstrates the material properties I wish to achieve and the features my turret possesses. The head and eyes of the fish will be wood carving, with a painted varnish, so the material will look very shiny, which will use a clear coat material with PBR. The body and fins of the fish will be steel, which I will use a metal material. The base, horizontal yaw and the barrel of the turret will all use the same material, which will be a painted metal. Finally the control box will be mostly made from plastic, which I will add scratches on the surface, the bulbs with use a glass material and the cables will be rubber. Also I want to add a red light to the center bulb of the control box, so that when the turret animation is activated, the light will flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment