Sunday 10 January 2016

Game Art Christmas Break ( week 12, 13, 14)

Over the Christmas break I continued to work on my sentry gun project. Now that I had previously finished my Sentry Gun turret in 3Ds Max including textures, I could import them into unreal 4 and apply them to the provided turret animation. This didn't take me long, as I was just dragging my turret meshes to the correct parts of base, horizontal yaw, gun pitch and barrel, then moving them in the viewport to fit according to my design. During this I noticed while playing the level, my turret was following the front its back, so I had to go back into 3Ds Max and rotate my whole model 180 degrees and re import them to unreal, which fixed the problem. I then created a gunfire texture using photos, painting over and effects in photoshop.
I now need to edit the materials of my models, first I edited the gun pitch which had the most materials assigned to it. I started with the head and eyes, creating a clear coat material, then I created a steel metal material for the body and fins, finally I created four different materials for the control box, including glass, plastic with scratches and rubber.

No comments:

Post a Comment