Sunday 10 January 2016

Game Art week Eleven

This week was the last week of uni before we broke up for Christmas. I continued with the Sentry gun project, which I had finished unwrapping my low poly model and could move onto baking normals. Baking Normal allows details from the high poly version to show up on the low poly model. I began by making sure each model was named accordingly, such as all the low poly models were named with low poly added on and the same for the high poly models. I then started with the pitch (fish) selecting all the polys on the low poly model and setting the smoothing group to 1, I aligned the high poly model to the low poly, using the align tool. With the low poly model, I selected render to texture, then added the settings it needed and edited the projection cage to fit around the high poly model. I repeated this process for all separate models, the base, horizontal yaw, pitch and barrel.

After finishing the normal maps for all models, I began texturing for each model using photoshop, first I made a base block colour layer covering the UVs, which I then started using photos to add details and painted over the top. I finished my adding decals, such as rust and scratches. Once I had finished texturing, I had to set each model material IDs, so that when I export my model with texture each separate material ID will have different surface properties, such as glass and rubber. I then created a multi sub material and added each texture according to the material ID I set them as. When this was finished I needed to make sure the pivot points were at 0, so I could then export each model.
Finished low poly turret model with textures, 3Ds Max screen capture back perspective.

Finished low poly turret model with textures, 3Ds Max screen capture front perspective,

Finished low poly turret model with textures, 3Ds Max render back perspective.

Finished low poly turret model with textures, 3Ds Max render back perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment