Sunday 8 November 2015

Game Art week three

Continuing with the film room project, After meeting up on last Friday, we all had imported the models of our assets to the white box scene in Unreal 4. We found that the scaling of our assets were different to the white box, this was because Unreal 4 default units are in inches, whereas 3ds max is defaulted to centimetres. Therefore we had to exported as assets back to 3dsmax and rescale them to fit the white box. We also found that a few of our assets extended below the floor, this was because the boxes from the white box extended below the floor and when I imported the white box to 3ds max, I deleted everything that would distract from modelling including the floor, which meant I didn't realise the box I was using as a guide was to tall. This was also solved the same way by rescaling in 3ds max to fit the white box. After I had fixed all the rescaling, I began to unwrap all my low poly models, this need to be done to be able to texture my models, but also so I could bake normal maps of the high poly versions. I will aim to have unwrapping by this week, so I can start texturing by week four.

No comments:

Post a Comment