Sunday 8 November 2015

Game Art week Five

This week continuing the Film room project, I had finished texturing my diffuse maps and imported them to unreal engine so I could work on the material PBR. I began adding normal maps, roughness, metalness, and editing them to change the surface properties, I still have a long way to go before they look quite realistic to the film scene, therefore this week I am going focus working in unreal engine on my materials to make them look better. While working on my materials I realised I should have made them multi-sub materials, as most of my assets have different surfaces properties, for example the windows have wood and glass. Therefore I went back to 3ds max to change the materials to multi-sub and set material ID's to the models, I then -re-exported my models with new materials to unreal 4. Now it imported my models with multiple materials on one asset, so I could edit each material with different surface properties.

Also this week we had to present our groups work in class to show our progress. we all met up in the morning to import what we had textured so far. I imported my barstool and wine glass to the film room scene, which I am both happy with and turned out well. I also imported my main door and window assert, which both turned out super shiny and the opacity of the windows looked low quality and 'PS1', so I need to work on them and look for tutorials for guidance. this week I will aim to have finished my materials for the windows and main doors, also model and texture any extra assets in the scene. I also went back to my windows 3ds max file and make both windows separate assets, as previously I had both windows as one asset which made aligning and scaling difficult, therefore I detached the models to separate models.

No comments:

Post a Comment