Monday 19 October 2015

Game Art Week two

Continuing with the Film room project, this week I need to aim to have everything modelled and unwrapped, so I can start texturing next week, I have already started collecting textures from last week. This week we will start assigning the rest of the assets such as chairs, tables, bottles etc. On Monday I continued with the main door and wall in 3ds max unwrapping it. We then had our lesson in game production, which I learnt more about shaders and materials in unreal 4 engine. I feel a lot more confident, however I want to do some extra work, learning more about materials, so it will become something I indistinctly know. We then had time to gather in our film room groups and shared what point we are at by the end of last week. We aimed to finish modelling the main structural assets so that we could start on the smaller asset. I had finished modelling my main assets and most of the group had the same, However a couple hadn't started yet and I am worried they are not putting in the same amount of effort as everyone else, although we have aimed to get everything modelled by the end of this week, so I will see how things go with my group. This week I also used the time at the beginning of the week to begin modelling my smaller assets, I finished modelling the barstool of low and high poly versions which I will need to bake the normal maps on.

In life drawing we were taught about measuring in a more technical way, which I already know and do myself as a process to drawing accurately. Visual design we continued with the film room project, which we got into our groups and had feed back on our projects so far. I also used this time to continue modelling my assets  so we could have them all finished for Friday and import to engine.

We met up in our group on Friday, so that we could all import the assets we created to the unreal engine 4. During this we came across some problems with scaling, as the unit measurements for unreal and 3dsmax were different. However we were able to solve it by rescaling the assets to fit the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment