Sunday 8 November 2015

Game Art week Four

This week I continued creating texture maps for my models, as I already started the basic diffuse textures last week. I had finished unwrapping and leant how to create a glass material in unreal 4, which I am happy with the result as it looks realistic. Now that I had finished unwrapping all my low poly models, I could start baking the normal maps of the high poly versions. I started with the wine glass and used a tutorial as a guide. I had some problems to begin with as I had never baked normal maps before, however I quickly solved these problems by reviewing the tutorial to make sure I did the correct steps. All the assets were fairly easy to bake the normal maps, however the main door proved more difficult, as there were more details and shapes such as the panels, door handles, door lock and door shutter to have the cage projection fit around. After I had baked the normal maps, I continued texturing the diffuse maps for my models. I started texturing the barstool, which I used a wood tillable texture for the legs and a checked fabric for the cushion. I then added decals to the stool to make it look work and old, to fit within the scene as lots of people would have sat on the stools wearing the fabrics. I then moved onto making the diffuse textures for the main door and windows, I used the same tillable wood texture, but scaled in smaller as these assets are bigger than the barstool. I then added a plain diffuse colour for the windows in both textures, as these would be edited more in unreal 4, also for the main door I added a stain glass. I started adding decals to both textures, such as condensation in the windows and dirt at the bottom of the wood. I aim to finish texturing my diffuse textures this week and create normal map this week, so next week I can import my textured assets to unreal 4 and start editing material pbr.

No comments:

Post a Comment