Friday 5 February 2016

Game Art week eighteen

I continued the development of my character designs and pushed further with photobashing orthographics to have a clearer final representation of what I want both character to look like, so it will be easier to transfer my ideas to 3D.







After modelling some low poly assets in 3ds max for my characters clothes,such as the top, cloak, scarf, skirt, shoes and fur, I imported them all to Zbrush as sub objects to my girl Ztool and began adding details. I also worked more on the girls face, using two spheres on a sub tool inside the face as the eyes, so it would be easier to sculpt the eyelids over the top.





After I finished sculpting all the clothes, body and hair, I used the Zremesher tool, to adapt the topology to the newly sculpted mesh. I continued to use this until I reached a low enough poly count for each asset, which I exported to be imported to 3dsmax. I now need to unwrap the low poly models, so that I can move to to texturing and baking. I could then use the low poly and high poly versions to bake the normal maps. I chose to bake the normal maps in 3dsmax rather than zbrush, becasue I wasn't very confident with using zbrush yet as this was my first time using it.








No comments:

Post a Comment