Friday 12 February 2016

Game Art Week Nineteen

This week is the week of the Character project deadline. I have finished all my visual design work for both characters, however still have more to work on with the game production side of my character. I encountered some technical problems towards the end of this project, for example I downloaded a version of zbrush at home and only found out till this week that, the version at uni is an updated version, so when I was transferring the ztools from uni to home, it wouldn't let me open them up. which I thought I could solve by exporting and reopening. however doing this erased the sub levels of each model. Also I found that one of my resent ztool files wouldn't open because the computer said there wasn't enough ram, which resulted  in me losing a lot of work. Which I now had to work really hard in re sculpting the body and face within these last few days.

After I finished sculpting all the models for my character. I began unwrapping in 3dsmax , which I then started on creating the texture diffuse maps, however I didn't have much time left to put as much effort in as I would of liked to, I used my orthographics of my character and photobashed them to make the textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment